Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Peek back to the Past

I've taken a slower writing schedule these past couple of weeks due to having several house guests (including my brother and his wife). So, I missed this very kind article that  my former editor, Phil Latham, at the Marshall News Messenger in Marshall, Texas, wrote where he highlighted our work here. 

The Marshall paper was my first paying writing job. I started when I was 22, still Rebecca Wyatt (a few months before I married Brad), and still very green. But I learned so much working for those three years at this place, under the direction of Phil and other editors and reporters there. 

It was a formative time, both professionally and personally. I loved writing about this historical town, its people, its crimes, its politics, its secrets, its passions. That job taught me how to be both brave and humble. It was an amazing experience. Thanks, Phil!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips