Thursday, January 5, 2012

Telling Someone How I Really Feel



One of the hardest things about living overseas is living far from my grandparents and other loved ones. Recently, I wrote my grandparents a tribute and mailed it to them. Is there someone you need to write to, to tell them how much they mean, before it's too late?

When you loved each other, showed respect for each other, gave each other affection, served each other, this little girl was watching.

When you opened your home to your sometimes homeless military kids and grandkids, offering a rest between moves, a haven after painful goodbyes and an ongoing relationship and love in the midst of constant change, this little girl was watching.

When you loved others, seeing people’s needs, caring about them, always doing the right, selfless thing, this little girl was watching.

When you loved your kids, giving them a safe, loving home, teaching them kindness and respect for each other, you passed on a legacy of family love that someday turned into a love from my own mother, in my own family that this little girl would be watching.

When you loved your children, neighbors and friends and siblings unconditionally, never with rejection, never closing the door, this little girl was watching.

When you loved through your cooking of delicious meals, planting beautiful flowers, fixing broken things, joking, playing, laughing, this little girl was watching.

When you overcame difficult circumstances, sicknesses, poverty, loss of parents, and overcame these with a spirit that never gives up, that never stops dreaming and hoping, that works hard and loves harder, this little girl was watching.

When you loved God by praying, by reflecting His love and kindness, by trusting Him in hardships, by never giving up on Him, this little girl was watching.

When you love each other still, in pain, in loss, in illness; never stopping; perfecting love in the midst of imperfection; representing a true love that surpasses anything counterfeit that this world could give, this young woman is watching.

Thank you for creating a legacy of love, faithfulness and hope that will continue to live past your own life. I hope and pray I am able to continue your legacy in the lives of my own children and grandchildren. I owe you for loving with a love that has touched my life and so many others, for many years and generations to come.

photo credit, Sarah G

1 comment:

  1. My name is Dr. Ikhine, I have practiced magic for a very long time! I have the experience and expertise to cast the most powerful white magic spells and guide your life to success and happiness. My psychic abilities to analyze your case and to cast a patented spells will give you the fastest and best results possible! With every single love spell I cast, it's an army of positive and powerful energies that rises to win the battle for you email: Dr. Ikhine via agbadado@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2347038832903.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips